Sunday, July 26, 2009

Should I cut my hair into a bob?

My hair is long but I straighten it so much it's really damaged and has split ends! I love it long but the only way to get all the damaged bits off is to cut it to just above shoulder length. It would be long and layered, NOT a Pob, just a cute flicky look. I generally think that looks really cute on shorter girls, but I'm 5'7.



Everyone I ask tells me not to do it because everyone likes long hair on girls- me included really. But what else can I do?



Has anyone ever begrudgingly cut their hair but ended up loving it? It would take years to grow back to the length it is now so I can't just go "never mind, it'll grow back" if I hate it.



Any advice appreciated really! I just can't make up my mind!



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

Before I became a teacher I was a hairdresser so I'll try to advise :) If your hair is long have it cut up to the split ends. A long layered look with shorter layers around the face is a nice style. You can decide with your hairdresser how long or short the layers should be. Bob's are great but they don't suit everyone and the cut has to be really precise for it to look good! I have seen some terrible ones around lately. The ideal face shape for a bob is not round! it makes the face look rounder! The ideal face shape of all is oval so any hairstyle that you have should always try to achieve this. Have a look at some other styles before deciding. A good tip for dry hair is to massage a light oil into to the scalp and hair. Put a plastic cap over and wrap a warm towel around and leave up to 20 mins. When it comes to washing it off apply the shampoo before you wet it the oil should go and your hair will feel great. Repeat one a wk for as long as you wish.



Hope I helped ya Sarah x



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

just get a trim



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

I LOVE BOBS get the one like madonna have in her new video ''JUMP'' it's so cute it's really cute yeah go for it



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

don't do a bob. Just trim your hair and if you want it really straight get a reverse perm



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

not a bob-shoulder length i like-cut mine real short and hated it more. cut in like 6" at a time-trust me u will regret chopping off like 2 feet at once. good thing with shorter is highlites look better-well sometimes-thats another whole story-lol



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

i,ve just had mine cut from really long hair, and i love it..i dyed it blackcurrant, from dark blonde..so totally new me..if you dont like it it will soon grow back. even if its not as long. or you could have it cut in stages.



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

yeah...u better get a trim or use Loreal Elvive shampoo for split ends; or better still, just ask a professional for advice. TC



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

hi why do you not go half way then use HOT OIL which is about 2 pound in the shops then it will take the split ends away and help restore the hair...i lived with a hair dresser once and that was what she told me .lol



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

i don't know you, but please DO NOT get a bob. bobs are way out style. get your hair cut, but don't get a bob. maybe get it layered. there are onther styles for short hair other than a bob.



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

You need to have the neds cut to keep it healthy! Healthy hair grows faster! I think you will like your hair cut. It will be a breathe of fresh air for you. I had long hair, I cut after I had my son to keep things simple.



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

I begrudged cutting my unruly teenaged hair but my new hairdo was gorgeous I just loved it to bits. You never know! I know you may squeeze shut your eyes and grit your teeth but if your hair is damaged anyway then what have you got to lose? It's refreshing to get a new look!



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

it will always grow back!!! just get it cut into a long bob



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

Yes but not to short i think Britney Spears new crop looks nice.



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

I had the same dilemma. I had long, long hair and chopped it all off. I donated the hair to Locks of Love: http://www.locksoflove.org/ to make wigs that benefit children with cancer.



I was traumatized after I first did it, wanting my hair back! When you're used to long hair and then have short when you brush it you end up brushing the back of your neck because you keep brushing down. haha.



After the initial shock all was well. Especially since the cut I got really complimented my face shape (round), SOOOOO my advice would be to find out what hair shape fits your face shape, because in the end this will look better if it suits!



If you do decide to cut it I strongly advise Locks of Love!!



Cheers now. Bye!



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

yes there very sexy



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

no you suit you hair the way it is.



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

My hair is long and was in quite poor condition aswell but i wouldn't get a bob, i would not be brave enough, just get a really good trim like a few inches cut off and go regularly to the hairdressers every 6 weeks and condition well and it soon will start to look better.



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

I don't envy your decision-it's a tough call.



I had really long hair (could sit on it!) and cut it off when I was 15. At first I loved it but after 15 years of trying I now realise that I'll never be able to get it that long again!



If you want to cut it, then go for it-that flicky style you mention sounds really cool. If not, then are you sure your hair is really as bad condition as you think?



Why not try a good trim to get rid of most of the split ends, then some good deep conditioning treatments and leaving the straighteners alone for a week or so-you might be surprised with the nice comments you get from people when you scrunch dry your hair so it's wavy, or when it has its own natural movement!



Either way, I'm sure it will look lovely!



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

I too have really long straight hair i did get it cut into a bob years ago and i cant say i liked it as much if you are unsure just get a trim to sort out the split ends long hair is really striking and beautiful you should be proud of it i always get loads of nice comments about mine even though its a lot of work i still love it.



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

I would discuss it with your hairdresser because sometimes they have a good idea of exactly how much needs to be cut off to make hair healthy again. Sometimes a good hair treatment actually repairs damaged hair so not as much needs to get cut off. Plus, always use heat protectingproducts when straightening your hair, such as Tresemme heat protector spray or Loreal Straight cream. If the hairdresser says that you need it to be cut short, then a flicky bob style looks cute and cool, as well as suiting most face shapes. I had my hair cut short and spikey in order to get it back into a good condition, and I ended up really liking it! So ask your hairdresser, and go for it! Plus I think they still suit tall people! Good luck! x



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

i really don't recommend cutting your hair that short if you're unsure and it will take long to grow back if you're unhappy with it. first of all stop straightening it, and do some research. find some treatment for very damaged hair, there is lots of stuff out there on the market now. some poeple bleach their long hair to a frazzle and like it, so i'm sure the heat isn't worth a bob. a trim would be good, or even just a bit of a cut. my sister once permed her hair and it was so badly damaged, but she eventually got it back into shape with the right treatment.



good luck :)



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

I think small, slim girls can carry them off better. If u do get 1, get a long-layered chin length bob. Although if u like long hair, u might really regret it! Why not try a new style or colour instead...



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

I had this decision to make a few weeks ago. I have had extensions in my hair to thicken it and it was very long. The extensions damage the hair when they are taken out and my hair was very thin. I have had a sort of POB cut and I love it! I was very nervous because I really didn't want short hair but I also didn't want long thin hair. I don't regret it at all. You say that your hair is not in good condition so really it is better to have it shorter and looking healthy. Go for it! Good Luck!



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

I cut my long hair to a chin length bob in August and I love it. So much less hassle to wash. Go for it, you may be surprised at how much you like the result. If you are unsure, ask the hairdresser to try and show you a picture of a similar style before you begin.



Good luck! Hope you get a cut you are happy with



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

i reckon u sould have a few inchs off first then if u like it that bit shorter go for a bob.



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

I prefer women to show some originality, I reckon if you don't know what you want go somewhere that really knows what there doing when it comes to hair, pay that bit extra and tell them you want a new style but something that will suit you and not too short.



There are Loads of sexy hair styles out there for women and how they can change a persons looks is unbelievable. Be brave and show your adventurous side



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

Best to have shorter healthy hair than long straggly locks with split ends. Have a good few inches cut off at first to make it look healthier, then go from there. Short hair is all the rage - maybe keep it longer at the front like posh, this way you wont see such a drastic change in your appearence.



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

Always test drive before you buy a car. As far as im concerned the same applys to hair. Buy a wig wear it around for a few days and if you like how you look cut it off.



I went threw a sort of hair rebillion stage when I was 12 My mom had never allowed me to cut my hair more than a few inchs. So she sent me to the salon with my older sister telling me not to cut any shorter than 2 inchs. I cut it about and inch from my chin and I hated it I couldnt it in a pony tail So I would recommend getting a wig.



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

sausages to it!!!!!



just go mid length with lots of choppy layers, it will take the dead ends away without going too short.



you can always grow mid length hair a lot quicker than a bob. and bobs require more maintenance even when they are growing out.



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

If you really like your hair long, why don't you just trim it a little? It will do good!!



Should I cut my hair into a bob?

sister plz mail me i will tell tips



mpvijay@inmail24.com

No comments:

Post a Comment